There’s no room for a DIY approach to handling electricity in your home. It’s a complex and dangerous job, which you can seriously injure or even kill yourself if you’re not careful. In addition, you could be putting your home at risk of an electrical fire. For these reasons and more, it’s always best to find a qualified electrician near me in Colleyville, TX, to handle any electrical work in or around your home.
Need a licensed and experienced electrician near me in Colleyville, TX? Look no further than Buffalo Electric. We have a team of qualified and licensed electricians ready to help with any electrical problem you may have. Our pros can handle everything from installations and repairs to troubleshooting and maintenance. We’re also available 24/7 for emergency services.
Most Common Electrical Issues in Your Home
Chances are you only look for an electrician near me in my area when faced with a power outage or have an electrical appliance that isn’t working. However, these are not the only times you may need an electrician. Here are some other common electrical issues that require professional assistance:
Flickering or Dimming Lights
Flickering lights set the mood in a scary movie or add ambiance to a romantic dinner, but if it’s happening in your home for no apparent reason, it can be huge trouble. A single flickering light could be an issue with the light bulb. However, whole house flickering is usually caused by an overloaded circuit or loose or faulty wiring. Loose connections can make intermittent contact that could cause sparking, overheating, and fire.
Dips in Power
Do the lights suddenly dim or do the appliances start to make a strange noise? Dips in power can indicate an overloaded circuit, faulty wiring, or large appliances drawing too much power. Contact points for your house wiring can also corrode with time, leading to poor conductivity and intermittent dimming. Call a licensed electrician near me in Texas to investigate the issue and fix it as soon as possible.
Frequent Circuit Breakers
Circuit breakers are designed to trip (turn off) when they sense an overload or a short circuit. This protects your home from electrical fires. If your circuit breakers trip occasionally, it indicates a simple overload, but if it occurs repeatedly, you need an electrician near me in my area to evaluate your entire electrical system. Remember that a circuit breaker trips for safety, so persistent tripping is not good.
A power surge is a sudden and brief increase in electricity flowing through the wires to your home. It’s caused by damaged power lines, lightning strikes, faulty wiring, or even a problem at the power plant. You’ll want to fix the issue as soon as possible because even very short surges can significantly damage anything plugged into your outlets, including computers, TVs, and other electronics.
Electric shocks are one of the most dangerous things in your home and thus should never be ignored. Even a slight shock from plugging in an appliance can indicate a severe problem with your electrical system. Larger shocks can cause burns, damage your internal organs, and even death. Therefore, call an electrician near me in Colleyville immediately if you experience any electrical shock in your home.
Light Bulbs Burn Out Frequently
If you find yourself changing your light bulbs more often than usual, it could be more than overuse. Frequently burned-out light bulbs can be caused by wiring that is not correctly grounded or a loose connection in the fixture. Improperly grounded wiring can cause arcing, sparks, and electrical fires.
Warm Outlets or Switches
If an outlet or switch feels warm to the touch, it means there is likely an underlying issue that needs to be addressed by a professional immediately. For example, if you’re not using a high-wattage appliance, such as a hair dryer, and the outlet is still warm, it may indicate a loose wire or connection, sparking and causing heat buildup. This is a serious issue because it can lead to an electrical fire.
Tips on How to Find a Professional Electrician
If you’re having electrical problems in your home and need to find a qualified electrician, here are a few tips on how to find the best electrician near me in the surrounding area:
- Licensing and insurance: The first thing you should do is to ask that the electrician is licensed and insured. A licensed and insured electrician means they’ve all the proper training necessary to carry out these repairs securely and that you’re protected from any damage that may occur during the repair process.
- Their reputation: Another consideration when looking for an electrician near me in my city is their reputation. Have they received positive reviews from other customers? Do they have any complaints against them? A reputable electrician will be able to provide you with references from satisfied customers.
- Get a few quotes: When you’ve found a few electricians that look promising, be sure to get a few quotes from each one. This will help you compare pricing and find the best deal.
- Free estimates: Electricians should always provide a free estimate before beginning any work to know what you’ll be paying for well in advance.
- Emergency service: You want to be sure that the electrician you’re considering is available 24/7 for emergency service in case of an electrical issue outside regular business hours.
- Their Experience: You wouldn’t want to hire an electrician who just got their license. You want someone with experience to handle your electrical repairs. So, feel free to ask about their experience before hiring them.
- Ask for recommendations: Another great tip is to ask family, friends, and neighbors for suggestions on who they’ve used in the past and if they were satisfied with the work.
If you’re looking for a professional and qualified electrician near me in Colleyville, contact Buffalo Electric. We’re licensed and insured and have well-trained electricians who can handle any repair you need. Affordability and satisfaction are guaranteed, making us the best choice for electrical repair in Colleyville, TX, and the surrounding regions. So give us a call today at 817-693-1301 for a free estimate.
Photo Byitsskin at istock